Wednesday, August 17, 2022
spot_img

PSG Owners Unsure About Neymar’s Exit; Man Utd, Man City And Chelsea Contacted

Paris Saint-Germain’s Qatari owners are unsure whether selling Neymar before the World Cup is the right thing to do.

The 30-year-old signed a new contract at the Parc des Princes last year, earning an estimated €43m annually with bonuses, and is committed to the club until 2027 after a clause was triggered to extend the deal.

Despite that, it has been learned that the club’s footballing hierarchy are prepared to entertain the prospect of Neymar leaving, with Kylian Mbappe taking a lead role in the French capital after turning down the advances of Real Madrid.

Indeed, club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi recently refused to confirm that Neymar would be staying in Paris beyond this summer, warning that PSG’s ‘bling-bling’ players may be let go.

However, sources have told 90min that PSG’s Qatari ownership are not convinced that letting Neymar leave before the 2022 World Cup is necessarily the right thing to do, and wish to evaluate the situation fully before making a decision.

In the meantime, we understand that intermediaries have briefed Premier League quartet Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Newcastle United about Neymar’s potential availability in order to gauge their interest.

Bayern Munich, Juventus and Milan have also been contacted, but the pot of clubs who could feasibly afford Neymar’s wages doesn’t extend much further than that.

One club who could be tempted into making a move are Chelsea, who under the guidance of new owner Todd Boehly are actively perusing the market for a statement signing.

There’s also the prospect of Neymar linking up with long-time international teammate Thiago Silva, who recently said of his future, “He has to go to Chelsea. If it happens, it will be for the best. Nothing else needs to be said. So far, I don’t know anything, but I hope it comes to fruition.”

Related Articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles

%d bloggers like this: