Sunday, January 23, 2022
spot_img

Trump: Iran’s Shoot-down Of US Drone Was A ‘Very Big Mistake!’

President Trump issued a response Thursday to Iran’s downing of a US drone in international airspace.

“Iran made a very big mistake!” Trump tweeted.

White House officials are set to meet Thursday to discuss how to handle the drone attack as tensions between the two countries continue to flare.

Iran said the Revolutionary Guard took down the drone, claiming it flew into Iranian territory — an account hotly disputed by American officials, who say the aircraft was operating in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz.

“Iranian reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false,” US Central Command spokesman Navy Capt. Bill Urban told NPR on Thursday. “This was an unprovoked attack on a US surveillance asset in international airspace.”

Revolutionary Guard Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami warned that Iran is “totally ready and prepared for war.”

“The downing of the American drone is an open, clear and categorical message, which is: The defenders of the borders of Iran will decisively deal with any foreign aggression,” Salami said. “This is the way the Iranian nation deals with its enemies.”

On Tuesday, the Department of Defense announced it would send 1,000 more troops to the region after the US said Tehran was involved in attacking two oil tankers last week.

Related Articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles

%d bloggers like this: